Implementation Issues

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I've installed the nuget package and switched references from [OutputCache(CacheProfile = yadayadayada)] to [DonutOutputCache(etc etc etc)] and compiled.  At this point, all caching stops.  It's as if no caching is enabled at all.  If I switch it back to the standard OutputCache, things go back to speedy cached performance as usual.  Am I missing something? Do I need to add something to my web.config or global.asax? A little details, this is an MVC3 project with .NET 4 and the razor view engine.  At the moment, we're not using Html.Action really at all.  Presently all rendering of partial views are done with Html.Partial. In my attempts to use Html.Action with or without donut caching, it resulted in decreased performance by about 4 fold.  So I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here. Does anyone have any thoughts on what's going on?

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Nothing further is necessary. The only thing I can think of without further information is that you are trying to cache an action with a HttpPost attribute. This is not supported in the current NuGet package but will be available in the next version, coming in the next week or so.

If this is not the issue, please provide further information and/or a sample project and I will investigate.